At Loch Lyme you don't have to wander far to find things to do!
- Beach and Waterfront
- Playground and Grounds
- Boating and Kayaking
- Country Weddings
- Family Reunions
- Music Series
- Theater Camp
- Fishing Dock
- Local Attractions
- Pet Friendly
- Tennis Courts
- Wi-Fi and Internet available at no cost
We have a lakeside beach and a grassy waterfront with comfortable Adirondack chairs and picnic tables.
The beach is awesome. The shallow sandy bottom makes it easy for new bathers to get into the water and our three floats provide swimming and sunning destinations. The boathouse is stocked with toys for toddlers to play in the sand. Our designated "dog beach" allows your buddy to cool down away from the main swimming area.
The waterfront has two docks with kayaks, canoes, and rowboats that are free for our guest's use. The boathouse also has life jackets, paddles, and oars. We require everyone to wear a life jacket. Please tie your boat back up when you are finished.
We have tetherball, volleyball, soccer goals, clay tennis courts, half court basketball, and horseshoe pits in the big field behind the barn. Our playground equipment (swings, climbers, and a pirate ship!) and badminton court beside the Lodge allow you to keep an eye on your kids while socializing. And for rainy days (which rarely ever happen here), Playwood Cabin has ping pong, foosball, books, toys, and a movie player.
The Carriage Trail loops about a mile through the woods for a nice jog or walk before breakfast. Longer hiking trails are close at hand: the Appalachian Trail is minutes away and other local trails offer breathtaking views of the White and Green Mountains. The trail to The Pinnacle (the top of the hill just behind the Lodge) is a vigorous walk to 360 degree jaw dropping scenery.
Guests and staff often gather in the Barn for music or informal theater presentations. Wi-Fi and Internet access is available in the Lodge and the Barn at no cost to guests. We can provide limited office services, as well.
And don't forget...
- Our Music Series runs every Wednesday & Sunday all summer. Check our poster to see who is playing on your visit.
- Lunch Bar: Open everyday at 11:30, the menu is a fantastic mix of sandwiches and wraps, snacks, salads, cold drinks and of course... locally made ice cream! The Lunch Bar stays open late on Mondays and Tuesdays (to 6:00pm), when the restaurant is not serving dinner.
- The Restaurant at Loch Lyme Lodge: Open from Thursday to Saturday evenings starting at 5:30 and seated by 8 PM. Our casual restaurant menu is an amazing array of staple items like hamburgers with local grass fed beef to the specials of the night, like New Orleans or Italian, or Prime Rib. Kid friendly menu items are available as well.
- Sunday Buffet: A very popular outside affair served at 6:00pm: beside the lake, weather permitting, or in the Lodge dining room. Reservations are highly recommended. There's no better outdoor meal in the Upper Valley to eat in your bathing suit... with live music, no less!
- Wednesday Cookout: A traditional cookout starting at 5:30-7:30pm with live music as well. Vegetarian options are extraordinary and available on all nights of food service!