What is Loch Lyme Lodge?
Loch Lyme Lodge is a cabin resort in Lyme, NH. Our private, rustic, eco-friendly cabins are spaced across the 120 acres of the property. You can stay separate from other guests, while still being close to the waterfront, the boating, the trails, and our other amenities.
All our 20 cabins are available. Twelve of these have kitchens or kitchenettes. All have living room, separate bedrooms, fireplace, screened porch, bathroom with shower, outdoor cooking grill and fire pit.
If your group is larger than can fit in a single cabin, or if you want some space for work, we can pair it with another cabin.
To see a list of the cabin possibilities, see Cabins at a Glance.
Cabins are completely made up before you arrive with fresh linens and towels. We provide clean linens every week, or as needed. We also provide consumables (paper towels, toilet paper, dish liquid, etc.)
Kitchens have pots, pans, plates, silverware, plates, bowls, etc. (If you love your chef’s knives or cast-iron skillets, feel free to bring them with you).
Each cabin will have some books and games, and more will be available in the barn. We ask that people let items of paper and cloth sit for a day before taking them to their own cabins.
Yes! Your cabin has a full kitchen that allows you to cook. Our Cabin Book offers a list of convenient grocery stores. If you would rather not shop, we have made arrangements with the Lyme Country Store that can deliver groceries as well as beer and wine.
For those evenings you don’t want to cook, the Cabin Book also lists many local restaurants where you can enjoy a variety of takeout, take-home options, or outside dining.
There’s lots to do at Loch Lyme Lodge, but you should also plan to bring:
- Games, toys, books!
- Swim gear and sunblock (we provide fresh beach towels daily)
- Fishing gear
- Tennis and other outdoor game equipment
We have upgraded our internet to fiber-optic speeds at Loch Lyme Lodge. That can help you to work (with good videoconferencing) and yet have off-hours in our beautiful setting which can provide a much needed change of scenery for you and your family.
We provide high speed Wi-Fi service near the Lodge, in the Barn, and in the cabins. Find more details at the Internet Access at Loch Lyme Lodge page.
- Your cabin is a place where you and your family can relax and enjoy each other’s company.
- You can cook in your Kitchen Cabin, or can get breakfast or lunch at our Lunch Bar window near the barn.
- Spread out on the private beach area of our the beautiful lake. There is plenty of room for family groups.
- Kayak, canoe, or row from our waterfront. If you fish, bring your own rod and reel – we hear there’s good fishing! (Day/week NH fishing licenses are available on-line or at local stores.)
- The Playwood cabin has games, books, etc.
- There’s free Wi-Fi internet in all cabins and the Barn.
- We have a clay tennis court for guest use. You should bring your own rackets and balls.
- We also have soccer goals and balls, horseshoes, badminton and croquet.
- Enjoy the easy walking trails around our 115-acre property.
The Upper Valley offers a wealth of activities, from hiking to boating on the Connecticut to horseback riding. Local musicians, artists and galleries are working on ways to share their visions with you. We can offer the following advice for trips/attractions off-site:
- Guides to several local and state walking trails
- E-bikes rentals (age 16 up)
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) – see rescued wild birds (eagles! owls!)
- The Fells – garden tours
- The Appalachian Trail passes right through through Lyme – there’s a nice short hike available
Our Innkeepers are Jay and Amy Kelly. They live here with their daughter, Juliet, on the grounds of the Lodge. They can be reached at these addresses:
We have a long tradition of LLL guests watching out for each other on the waterfront and around the campus. Please help us continue that tradition this year. We have a longer note about Health and Safety, but in brief, we ask that all guests respect the other guests and our staff, and follow these guidelines:
- You are free to follow your own rules within your cabin and your group.
- If you are somewhere that brings you close to others outside your group, be respectful of their preferences. We will make disposable masks available.
- If you leave the grounds, know that some communities and businesses have expectations about wearing masks and social distancing.
We have a full description on our Health and Safety Procedures page but the important points are:
- You have your own cabin (or cluster) together with space around them, in which you can socialize with your “bubble” of family and friends. You are free to follow your own rules within your cabin.
- Except for emergencies, no staff will enter the cabin during your stay.
- We commit to providing full and careful sanitization of cabins between guests. It goes without saying that staff who have Covid-19 symptoms will not be allowed on-site.
- Extended stays minimize the number of guests passing through the Lodge.
- We ask you and all other guests to be responsible and follow best practices for social distancing.
- We retain guest contact information in the event that contact tracing is necessary.
- If you exhibit symptoms of Covid-19 while you’re here, we will ask you to return home if you can do so without exposing others. If you cannot we will work with you to develop the best possible solution under the circumstances.
- In any event, please call us to discuss our cancellation policy so you can re-schedule your stay (without penalty) to another date.
We understand that during these uncertain times, it is hard to make plans and even harder to know if those plans will change. We also know you are looking to get away, and we would love to have you come stay at the Lodge! That’s why we have implemented the flexible policy below.
In the 2021 season, if Covid-19 has affected your reservation at Loch Lyme Lodge:
- If you know when you can reschedule your visit, we will work with you to move your stay to a later date, with no additional fees or penalties. We will simply transfer over the deposit you’ve already made to your new date.
- If you aren’t sure when you can reschedule your visit, no problem! We can hold your deposit and apply it to a future reservation made in the next 24 months!
- If you still would like to cancel your reservation, we will return your deposit less a 5% service charge if we are able to rent your session to another guest. Otherwise we will return 50% of your deposit.
YES! We will be hosting guests from mid-May through the end of September. At this time (February 2022) we are accepting reservations for one week or longer for the high season (June 25 through September 5, 2022). You can book a shorter stay during our shoulder season.
Check our Reservation Page for availability