Health and Safety
Loch Lyme Lodge's 115-acre campus and waterfront is ideally suited to maintain the health and safety of our guests. The private cabins spaced across the property naturally allow family groups to relax within their “bubble” and distance from other guests should they want to.
We use CDC recommendations and the American Hotel and Lodging Association Safe Stay program guidelines, supplemented by our own good judgment. We will update our practices and this page as we get additional recommendations from the national and state governments, and other experts.
Staying at Loch Lyme Lodge
In this third summer of Covid, we are still learning what adjustments we need to make people feel safe and comfortable.
We want you to know that all of our staff are vaccinated, and we believe most of our guests (except children under 5) will be also. For those people who are unvaccinated at the time of their visit to Loch Lyme Lodge, we request that you use a mask when you are indoors or unable to achieve a social distance outdoors. We also encourage any guest who feels more comfortable wearing a mask at any other time to please do so. We continue to recommend these guidelines:
- Our expectation, and that of the other guests, is that you be respectful and inquire of others about distancing from other parties sharing the property.
- When leaving the grounds, you should be aware that many nearby communities and businesses have expectations for masks and distancing.
- Each Kitchen Cabin has a private kitchen, screened porch, picnic tables outside, a charcoal grill and a fire pit.
- The B&B Cabins have mini-fridges. Some have kitchenettes for light cooking.
- Your cabin will be completely made up and sanitized before your arrival.
- We will leave housekeeping, cleaning, and sanitizing supplies in your cabin.
- We will deliver firewood to your cabin as needed.
- You can use the Wash Cycle Laundromat in Fairlee for personal laundry. (Ask us for directions.)
Food and Drink
- You will be able to prepare your own meals in your Kitchen cabin’.
- Our own kitchen will be open for pre-ordered or first come breakfast and lunch served from the lunch window. Eat your meal in the barn, take it back to your own cabin, or enjoy it outdoors. We anticipate that the Lodge will be available for inside use tables.
- The Chef will be happy to meet with you to prepare a light dinner that you can take-out for your evening meal. Planning in advance requested.
- We encourage you to bring your own staples. Groceries and fresh produce are widely available, and the Lyme Country Store is only a mile away.
- You can supplement home cooking with take-out and outside dining from our fine local restaurants.
- Alcohol: Local stores are open for walk-in customers, and the NH Liquor Stores in West Lebanon provides curb-side pickup
Use of the Facilities and Grounds
- Guests may use the beach, the kayaks, canoes, and boats, the trails, the tennis courts, and the rest of the grounds freely.
- We have a large variety of books, games and toys in Playwood. We ask you to be respectful of other guests and take turns using the cabin.
- You may use the Barn for reading, eating meals, or work. The bathroom in the back is open for guest use as well as a porta potty behind the barn and one down next to the life jacket shed.
- There's also a changing cabana tent by the pond.
Contacting the Innkeepers
Should you have any questions or problems, please contact Jay or Amy Kelly, our Innkeepers:
- Our telephone number is (603) 795-2141 and email Lochlymelodge@gmail.com
- You can always reach the Innkeepers by cell phone. We have included the numbers in the Cabin Book.
Updated: February 2022